We proudly present our new PTV xServer release. This release is focused North America Geocoding and Rendering, but there are more features for world wide use.
For details about the services you find the corresponding release notes here.
Here are some feature highlights of API version 2.7:
- For detailed monitoring it is now possible to send requests to dedicated backend instances.
- The geocoding search produces results even if some words were falsely concatenated in the input (e.g. ‘Ruedestrasbourg’ instead of ‘Rue de Strasbourg’).
- The total score and the address scores (formerly modelled as field scores) are no longer experimental.
Country-specific styles for Feature Layer may be configured (e.g. to show country-specific icons for truck attributes in North America).
Street names are now drawn along the road considering the street curve.
Added a new attribute ‘drivers’ to the fleet. A driver is assigned to a vehicle and may be given exactly one operating interval.
In a multi-day planning scenario it is now possible to only plan daily rests if it is necessary, i.e. there may be multiple trips per day without daily rest between them.
- New possibility in the ‘changeTours’ method to change fixations of an existing tour plan stored on server side.
- It is now possible to fix a trip to a vehicle in the input plan to make sure such trips are not changed at all.
For on-premise solutions you can download the latest version from the Developer Zone.
- Developer Zone: http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/de/nc/developer-zone/customer-area/ (login and license required)
For cloud solutions we provide a test system based on this release. It contains the PTV xServer API version 2.7 release plus all future and finished changes for the next release:
- xServer internet: https://xserver2-europe-eu-test.cloud.ptvgroup.com/ (token required)
- The PTV xServer API version 2.x requires a 2017.1 map or newer.
- The corresponding geocoding data for on-premise solutions is on request. It is not included in the map. This is required for running xLocate. (The data is available for PTV Europe City Map and with this release also for the PTV North America City Map from HERE).
- PTV xServer internet (test and productive system) provides PTV Europe City Map 2017.2 (HERE). The update to PTV Europe City Map 2018.1 (HERE) is scheduled for the near future. The productive system already provides the API version 2.7.