Dear Customer, Dear Partner,
we would like to inform you that we will perform a maintenance on the network environment. Beginning on Friday, May 12th until Sunday, May 14th. During this period the following systems/services may be temporarily unavailable.
Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.
You missed our webinar about the PTV xServer 1.20.1 release?
You want to know more about PTV xTerritory and Emission Calculation? You want to see some fancy demos?
Have a look at the recorded session:
Thanks to all attendees! If you have any further questions. Don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you haven’t seen it yet, there were also two Blog Post Series about the topics PTV xTerritory and Emission Calculation, here on our Developer Blog. Have a look…
We are looking forward to welcome you to our webinar tomorrow at 2:00 PM CET where we will present the PTV xServer 1.20.1 release.
You can expect an interesting agenda with a lot of demos we will demonstrate. This means that we will show for example how you can use the new emission catalogues or any new feature of the PTV xTerritory Server. You will also see how the new grouping of Feature Layer icons look like.
Moreover in the webinar you will have the opportunity to ask any questions about this release you might have got during the last weeks or you will maybe get tomorrow. So if you are not registered yet then take a moment to register here.
There is only one week left when we will proudly present you our PTV xServer 1.20.1 release. The Webinar takes place next Tuesday at 2:00 PM CET.
At the webinar we will not just explain you the new features of the 1.20.1 release, but also there will be many demos where you will discover how these features look like.
You will get to know some brandnew features of the PTV xTerritory Server like the activity limits that can be used for territory planning and you will get to know the new Tour Estimator. Moreover you will get a glance at the new emission catalogues that are now implemented in the PTV xRoute Server. We will also show you the new grouping of Feature Layer icons that are now displayed in the PTV xMap Server. But these will not be the only features presented in the webinar.
The only thing you have to do right now is register here. And even if the webinar-date does not fit with your agenda, register anyway because we will send you the link of the recording afterwards.
Testing without Siesta
When we first introduced tests to our deployment process we just did frontend testing using Selenium. The method was quite sufficient to guarantee a basic level of quality assurance and provides good automation features.
Why we chose Siesta
Here Siesta comes into play. Bryntum’s test framework is shipped with full ExtJS support and can provide tests of all types, e.g. unit tests, user interface tests, you can even implement stress tests to ensure your middleware is able to take a certain request load. Because of its flexibility we plan to replace all test frameworks used until now and implement all future tests with Siesta. Integrated in our Jenkins based build server, Siesta has several benefits
Benefits of Siesta:
- assures that our application is not affected by updated third party libraries
- implements unit tests to support refactoring of certain modules
- supports our team of human software testers by covering monotonous standard test cases with automated tests.
- quality assurance: ensures that breaking changes to code surface early during nightly tests, including notifications sent to the developer who submitted the faulty code.
- after fixing a bug, Siesta makes sure that it “stays” fixed by implementing a test case tailored to the issue
Our future plans include extending tests to less covered parts of our application and to work towards a test driven development process which focusses on implementing the tests for new modules first
You are very welcome to participate in our next webinar where you could be one of the first who experience live the new features of our PTV xServer 1.20.1 release.
– Why should I join?
PTV xTerritory Server:
- You will experience how incompatibilities can be included in the territory planning when it is not recommendable to assign certain locations to specific territories
- You will get to know the new function that provides a quick way to estimate the route travel times within a territory
- You will learn about the new activity limits for territory planning
PTV xMap Server:
- You will discover the new possibility of displaying Truck Attributes and Traffic Incidents
PTV xRoute Server:
- You will see the expansion of the emission calculation which is now also available for the UK and Australia
For more detailed information, you can click here.
– When does it take place?
Tuesday, 15th of September 2015 at 2.00 PM CET
– How can I participate?
The only thing you have to do is register now under the following link. In case you have no time to join us, register nevertheless and receive the recording of the webinar via E-Mail.
We are looking forward to welcome you and if there are any questions you will be able to ask during the webinar in our chat.