the Beta versions of PTV xServer 1.18 are already released and are available at the Customer Area (login is required).
You might be curious which benefits can be expected:
- Call asynchronous requests. An active online connection isn’t necessary anymore during long-term calculations such as tour optimization, distance matrix calculation or executing bulk requests. By polling the progress status, the client can receive the current status or the responses after the job was successfully done. Feature is ready for PTV xTour, PTV xDima, PTV xCluster, PTV xLocate and PTV xRoute Server.
- Calling the progress status is expanded. You have the option to cancel long-term calculations in the PTV xTour Server in order to obtain the results until the interruption. This might be very meaningul for tour optimization. After the construction step (create a tour plan from the beginning), an improved step follows. The bigger the tour the more time is needed for an optimum solution. Therefore, PTV provides this feature to terminate the calculation but returning a sufficient solution.
- Plot an elevation profile along a calculated route. The PTV xRoute Server provides the height information for each segment which can be combined to an elevation graph via a client-side application.
- Use the improved street search in the “Reverse Geocoder” engine and benefit from the expanded parameters “minSize” and “returnallequaldistances” (available in the PTV xLocate Server).
- minSize: Results will always be listed within the defined minimum size but no matter how unequal the other values are defined.
- returnallequaldistances: If set to true the results will be delivered beyond minsize or targetsize. This might be happen if the succeeding candidate is exact as the farthest “legal” result.
- Enable the new Dima-Id handling for multi-tenant operating systems. This is relevant for hosting centers which provide distance matrices which should be persistently stored and the multi-tenant conditions should not be violated. This feature is integrated in the PTV xDima and PTV xTour Server.
- Have more flexibility with the server-side groovy scripts. This feature is now officially supported. Benefit from the option to manipulate PTV xServer methods in following ways:
- Execute one call (e.g. findAddress) but the groovy script overwrites the original function (e.g. make several database queries in order to find the best match).
- Return a manipulated result list (e.g. return the best five address matches).
- PTV xDima Server is running under Linux. The server is available for x86 and x64 operating systems. Please take the hardware requirements into account.
We would like to invite you to join the upcoming webinar at 6th of February, 2014. In this webinar we will demonstrate the new features.
Following PTV xServer are available:
|Linux (x86; gcc4)||Linux (x64; gcc4)||Windows (x86; vc10)||Windows (x64; vc10)|
|xServer bundle||xServer bundle||xServer bundle||xServer bundle|
Any further questions? Don’t hesitate to contact our PTV xServer Support team.
Kind regards from Karlsruhe,
Dr. Michael Nutto
Product Manager PTV xServer