The new PTV xServer API Version 2.14 is release. For the full list of Features and Improvements you can check the corresponding release notes here.
Here are some feature highlights of API Version 2.14:
Added the possibility to configure version intervals as hosted versions in the xServer configuration file.
The logging directory can be changed at one central point (in the wrapper configuration file.
To provide more transparency all experimental features carry the additional information from which version on they are experimental. All stable features carry the additional information if and how long they were experimental (details visible on the API changes page of the dashboard).
- The single-field search produces more specific results for typical ‘locality-like’ or ‘postal code-like’ search requests, with some tolerance for spelling errors in the input (this requires geocoding data of version 14, but versions 10 through 13 are still supported).
- Improved the rendering performance when using Feature Layer Truck Attributes.
- Support for US driving time regulation (Hours of Service regulations issued by FMCSA). Please note that this is experimental.
- Added a new route event type to provide Feature Layer information along the route. Please note that this is experimental.
- Added support for a driver’s logbook to consider the already done work in driving time regulations. Please note that this is experimental and only supported in combination with single day tours.
- Added operation to calculate the time profile for a tour in execution. Please note that this is experimental.
- It is possible to combine stacking restrictions with the maximum allowable surface load on items.
- Reversed the order of the unloading sequnece, the first items will be unloaded first (and loaded last).
For on-premise solutions you can download the latest version from the Customer Area at the Developer Zone.
http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/de/nc/developer-zone/customer-area/ (login and license required)
For cloud solutions we provide test and production systems based on this release. The PTV World City Map test cluster already contains the PTV xServer API version 2.14 release plus all future and finished changes for the next release.
- Check the Cluster Overview page to get more information about existing PTV xServer internet deployments.