We would like to inform you that a problem of the MS Windows Server operating system in interaction with PTV xServer API version 1 was discovered.
Your PTV xServer installation is affected by this problem if the following points apply to it:
- PTV xServer API version 1
- Operating system Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019 with current security patch
- PTV xTour or PTV xDima with calls that clear the distance matrix before or after usage
- Storage of distance matrices in a SMB / CIFS directory
Within this group, installations using either local Windows versions (Windows Server 2019) or Azure Windows versions 5 (Windows Server 2016) and version 6 (Windows Server 2019) with current patch are affected.
The impact of this bug is seen in PTV xTour or PTV xDima Server calls that delete the distance matrix before or after usage. The deletion cannot be done in some cases, so the request fails.
Here is an overview of the tested OS versions, for the combinations marked in red the error occurs:
Options for action to avoid this error:
- Do not update the operating system and remain on an unaffected Windows version.
- Install PTV xServer 1.32 release as soon as it is available. Planned for early April 2021.
If you need assistance please contact our product support team via support.xServer <firstname.lastname@example.org>.