To use all features of the recently released PTV xServer 1.18 (BETA), there is some more information worth to know:
- Plot an elevation profile along a calculated route. The PTV xRoute Server provides the height information for each segment. As the height data is at the moment not included in the map, we provide it separately at the customer area of the PTV Developer Zone (login is required) for the PTV Europe City Map Premium. In case of using this height data, there is no extra license required.
- Enable the new Dima-ID handling for multi-tenant operating systems. The PTV xDima and xTour Server are extended to alphanumerical Dima-IDs. If you want to reuse persisted distance matrices (e.g. a reference matrix) from previous versions in version 1.18, you have to convert the matrices first. An appropriate migration guide including a batch script is available in the ‘Documents’ section of the customer area.
Any further questions? Don’t hesitate to contact our PTV xServer Support Team.
The last tests were successful. So we proudly present the new release 1.16 of the PTV xServer on schedule which are now downloadable from our Developer Zone (login is required). Available for download are:
- PTV xLocate Server
- PTV xMap Server
- PTV xRoute Server
- PTV xTour Server
- PTV xDima Server
And these are the highlights:
- 64 bit version
- JSON interface
- Routing in isolated areas
- New emissions in France and Australia
- New break and rest rules
- New break and rest rules
- Capacity patterns
- High performance routing
Please remember to download the new PTV Client Bundles according to the server versions.
The release 1.16 for PTV xMapmatch Server and for PTV xCluster Server is planned for February. Within the next days the PTV xServer add-ons AJAX Maps and Traffic Info Loader will be available. Of course the technical documentation will be updated, too.
we are still in time line! In 5 days we are ready to provide PTV’s new xServer release. Keep your fingers crossed that the last tests are successful and I don’t need to postpone the release date.
What can you expect with our fresh released product family of developer components?
PTV xLocate Server 1.14
- Improved performance for single field search.
- Improved geocoding for customers in North America.
- Finally auto suggest respectively auto completion is implemented.
- 7-digit postcode GB and 6-digit postcode NLD are available as additional map content.
- Search for ferries and piggybacks in the context of combined transport
PTV xMap Server 1.14
- Visualization of ferry and piggyback icons in the context of combined transport
PTV xMapMatch Server 1.14
- Direct access to segment information like network class, speed limits, etc.
- Improved segment referencing crossing country borders.
- Improved result list for further actions.
PTV xRoute Server 1.14
- Use ferries and piggybacks as via points for combined transport.
- Use CEN-Norm for emission reporting.
- For our french customers: ECO-Tax will be automatically reported.
- Use toll scenarios for future cost scenarios via extended route calculation.
- Particle filter is a new part of toll costs for Suisse.
- Tunnel restriction codes are implemented for granted transit purposes.
- New functionality: bulk request in order to calculate a big number of routings in one request. Distances and times are added in the output.
PTV xTour Server 1.14
- Integration of the current TourOpt.dll.
- New object model implemented for vehicles.
- Interfaces revised.
- Multi distance matrices are operational for different vehicle types.
- Dynamic trailer / train planning.
- Progress of tour planning could be terminated.
PTV xDima Server 1.14
- Use of truck attributes within xDima calculation is operational.
- Enhancement of route parameters for different vehicle profiles.
- Progress of Dima calculation could be terminated.
PTV xServer add-on WebSDK 1.14
(former known as PTV xInet Server)
- Availability of functions from PTV xLocate Server, PTV xMap Server and PTV xRoute Server.
- Enhanced WebSDK.
All PTV xServer will be available at PTV Developer Zone for Download if you are registered as customer. Otherwise you have to wait a little bit longer until the DVDs are delivered.
Further question? Don’t hesitate to contact our support team or comment on this post.
Dr. Michael Nutto
Product Manager of PTV Developer Components
With this tool you can easily create and maintain distance matrices based on PTV xDima Server. The tool supports the complete lifecycle of distance matrices:
- createDima / deleteDima
- calculateDistanceTable / deleteDistanceTable
- cancelCalculation / getCalculationProgress / unlockDima
- getLocations / getDimaProfile
- getDistPeriod / setDistPeriod
- importDima / exportDima
Download the tool and test data from PTV DevelopersZone.
The new PTV xDima Server Version 18.104.22.168 is now available for download.
- Fully configurable vehicle profiles dimaTruck.ini and dimaCar.ini
- Display progress of service method calculateDistanceTable() and allow to abort it via the request status information page
- Better performance when amending Dimas
- Service method getDimaProfile always returns a complete dimaProfile object
Please remember to download the new PTV Client Bundle according to the server versions! The following bundles were updated today:
- PTV xMap Server 22.214.171.124 Client Bundle
- PTV xRoute Server 126.96.36.199 Client Bundle
- PTV xDima Server 188.8.131.52 Client Bundle
Also see our post of May 11, 2011 for general information regarding the Dima: Distance Matrices